Nabr Network Partner

Banner Image
McLean Greens

Community Pages
Board of Directors

Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help you orient yourself to our townhouse community.

1. I have a question about the community rules or a complaint, whom should I call?

Call the management company or submit a question or problem via email at

2. What are trash and recycling days?

Trash/garbage pick-up days are Mondays and Thursdays. Recycling is picked up on Thursdays only. Trash/garbage must be stored in a watertight, rodent proof container with a lid. Please make sure that recyclables are anchored on windy days. Trash/garbage receptacles and recycle bins must not be in front of your house before dusk the evening before pick-up and must be removed from the front of your house the day/evening of pick-up. Garbage/trash receptacles and recycle bins must be stored out of sight – for example, behind your house.

If you have an oversized object that you would like McLean Trash to haul away, please call them directly at 703-442-7387 to make the necessary arrangements. McLean Trash, at an additional charge to the respective lot occupants/owners, will remove ferrous metal/white good items such as household appliances at an additional charge.

3. Will trash and recycling be picked up on holidays?

McLean Trash will remove regular household trash, recyclables and yard debris on all holidays that fall on regularly scheduled pickup days, with the exception of: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day.

When one of these three (3) holidays falls on a regularly scheduled pick up day, trash shall be picked up on the next regularly scheduled pick-up day for the specified type trash in question. (For example: Trash and recycling will not be picked up on Thanksgiving Thursday. Trash pick-up will resume on the following Monday and recycling pick-up will resume on the following Thursday.)

4. There are some kids going into the woods at night. I think they might be drinking. Whom should I contact?

For any kind of suspicious activity or disturbance, contact the Fairfax County Police Department at the non-emergency number: 703-556-7750.

5. I want to make some major renovations to the front and back of my house. Do I need to get someone’s permission?

Yes. Any time you want to make changes to the outside of your home, (For example: a new door or windows, repainting, landscaping, building a new shed, deck, or patio, etc.), you need to complete an Architectural Control Form and wait for approval prior to beginning the work. The form can be found on the web site or you may call the management company and ask them to send you a form.

6. My friends are coming to stay at my house for two weeks. Where should they park their car?

They can park in your extra space if you have only one vehicle or they can park on the state streets, Hutchison or Gervais. They can also park on the circle at McLean Greens Court.

7. My neighbor’s dogs are horrid. They bark at all times of the day or night. They run off leash and the neighbor does not pick-up after them. What recourse do I have?

The Fairfax County Noise Ordinance is frequently updated and is currently vague. Any continuous noise between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am should be reported to the Fairfax County Police.

According to the McLean Greens Homeowner Association documents and Fairfax County Law, dogs must be on a leash at all times, and owners must pick up their waste and dispose of it properly. For these issues contact the management company.

8. I am a renter and don’t know all the rules. What should I do?

Your landlord should have provided you with the rules and regulations of the community. They are also available on the McLean Greens website on the documents page. Your landlord is responsible for your actions. If you do something not in conformance with the community documents, your landlord may be assessed a monetary charge if the action is not corrected.

9. What do our quarterly homeowner assessment fees cover?

The assessments are used for landscaping and grass cutting, federal and state taxes, trash removal, snow removal, tree services, legal fees, extermination, audit fees, insurance, web hosting and maintenance, meeting expenses, the reserve study, reserves (to be used for replacing/repairing sidewalks and streets), electricity, any unexpected emergencies, costs for resident correspondence, and management company fees.
The board of directors and other committees that support our community consist of volunteers that do not get compensated for the work they do.

LOGIN Support    |    Login    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Accessibility Statement    |    Tel: 855-373-5722
© 2020. Nabr Network. All rights reserved.
Nabr Network
Nabr Network is the powerful new way Community Associations communicate with their homeowners.